I’m experimenting with Brownie recipes. Some people like them cakey, some people like them gooey, some people like them fudgy with that classic crackled top.
Here’s Brownie Recipe 1:
1/2 cup melted coconut oil, plus more for pan
1 1/4 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C.
- Line one 9- by 3-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with oil; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the oil, agave nectar and applesauce directly into the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes on the centre rack until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Courtesy of Deen Bros.
I calculated the nutritional info as follows, per serving:
330 Kcal; 18g fat; 37g carbohydrates, of which sugars, 16g; 7g protein
(values are approximate)
In 3 words: Cakey, stodgy, nutty.