Today, I tried out a different christmas pudding cupcake recipe. Yesterday’s looked like mini christmas puddings, but had more of a chocolate cake texture. Today’s include brandy-soaked fruit, brandy butter icing, and spiced cake mixture. I actually nearly poured in red hot chilli powder! Thank goodness I checked the label as I was tipping it. That would have been a disaster!
You will need:
- half a pack of dried fruit, including – 100g soft butter
sultanas and raisins and currants – 200g icing sugar
and orange peel. – 2 tbsp mead/brandy
- 1/2 cup of brandy. I actually found some
Christmas Mead in the drinks cupboard
- 60 g plain flour
- 60 g self raising flour. Or try all self raising
- 1 tsp mixed spice. Check the label!
- 125 g room temperature butter
- 125g dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- grated zest of 1 orange
- Christmas Pudding Cupcakes (objectsofdelight.wordpress.com)